Sunday, May 31, 2009

TEAM WORK

AT HOME -- We have this all figured out and it really works out well. I clean the bathrooms, mop the floors and start the laundry -- while Jerry fixes a yummy breakfast. I love to clean and he enjoys cooking!
My favorite cook! Yum!
Actually we share in the cooking for most of our meals and the food preparation for the young adults. Even though cooking is NOT my favorite thing, we enjoy working together in the kitchen. And we both do the dishes. Jerry insists on helping and it sure makes cleanup quick and easy!

ON THE ROAD -- Jerry drives the car up and down and around through the narrow, winding roads -- AND on the Autobahn which is really scary. In most places the speed limit is "as fast as you want to drive."

The narrow roads of Axams. One car must drive on the sidewalk to pass another car at this point.
But we make a good team driving too because I am the side-seat driver. You know -- the one who says, "Slow down," "Turn here quick," or "I think we are lost!"
We are both very thankful for our good friend -- Ms. Magellan (GPS System). When all else fails, we plug her in and she very patiently leads us on our way.

THE GARDEN -- This takes team work too. Jerry plants and takes care of the flowers. And he lovingly takes care of his three tomato plants that already have some blossoms starting. My part? I enjoy the flowers and will be happy to eat the tomatoes when they produce!
I teach the investigator class on Sunday, 3 English classes every week, and our one English Speaking visiting teaching lady. Jerry teaches all of the German speaking visits we make each week. When we teach inactive members Jerry always leads the discussion. When we teach with the young Elders, we both give our imput. Hey -- this team work stuff really works GREAT!

Words written by an English student before class.
Visiting Sister Palatinus


Our Best Team Work -- Sharing the Gospel
Linked together

Amos 8:11-12 -- "Behold, the days came saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro and seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it."

Our message is that the gospel has been restored in these latter days. Therefore, we need not hunger nor thirst for the words of the Lord any longer.

Let us search, ponder and pray. May we follow the words of our living prophet so that we may all find peace and hope in these challenging times.

The Gospel is true.









4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! I'm so glad you have updated your blog :0) Looks like you are having fun and staying busy!

Unknown said...

So fun to read and 'see' your blog!

Jenny said...

What great teammates! :) Yes, I think Jerry should stick to driving on the Autobahn- Grandma, if you did it, you guys would get plowed over! I've met a bunch of Au Pairs from Germany the last couple of weeks, it's crazy to hear them speak German! Glad you guys are having a fun time!

Caroline Merrill said...

Thank you for posting on your blog... I really enjoy seeing what you and Jerry are doing! BTW - I usually drive "as fast as I want to" also.. but I'm not on the autobahn... I'm qualifying!